Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I know...

Written with those who have put their entire hearts on the table for someone who cannot/will not do the same in return in mind. 

I know that for a very long time
I was the person that came to your mind
in the late hours of the night when you were all alone,
and you so longingly wished that someday
it would be your bed that I fell into at night,
not for sex, but for the simple action of holding,
me holding you in my arms, or
you holding my heart if even for a second,
hoping that I will make you feel more complete
and less alone, but I am a machine,
evolved to take in and spit out hearts,
attaching myself most devotedly to those who
will sting the most, because I guess I
like the way it hurts, and the knowledge
that commitment doesn't exist when picking from
a pool of fish that always have one foot out of the
door in every relationship since the one that broke them,
and if they aren't broken yet, we'll break each other,
and I'll never be yours, because you like me too much,
because you respect me, maybe even love me,
because I don't like how you misspell things,
and quite frankly, you aren't my type,
no, not because you aren't pretty or smart enough,
but because I am accustomed to being
disposable and I don't think you
have it in you to treat me like I like it.
And I prefer a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment