Friday, December 10, 2010

Friend Zone

You're the extra sparkle upon my
already smiling face,
the frosting and sprinkles upon my
delicious but dysfunctional cake.

You could be the world,
a beautifully flawed learner,
poetry seeping from your pores
and pain ridden confusion hiding in your eyes.

I do not aim to save you from yourself
but I'd love to make you smile
and be a small part of your journey to
discover that there will be
happiness in healing,
power in vulnerability, and
beauty in breakdown.

I will not become your foundation,
nor your walls,
your roof,
or your windows,
but I can help you decorate,
or be some area of coziness
where you can escape, be warm
and spill coffee on the floor,
because though you hoped otherwise,
you are not spill proof.

And though your heart may be broken and leaky,
it's worth holding on to,
and I can put a cute bandage on
this beautiful mess and know that
you will heal and your
heart will beat stronger
and you can feel safe in this moment
with me.

1 comment: