Friday, December 24, 2010

Generally, Each Note Often Reveals Another

We match.
In the times where I am most voluminous,
You reflect on the world quietly,
And when I fall into silence,
You fill it with the things I wish I could say.
Sometimes we aren’t very poetic,
And our wise moments seldom coexist, but

We match.
The music in your feet syncs
With the music in my voice
And the music in our minds is in harmony
Even if we are jamming in different genres.
Generally, each note often reveals another,
And you’ve helped reveal me to myself.

We match.
Laughing at the same things,
And knowing it’s okay to cry,
Though we probably won’t.
Still, crying is an option moreso
Than it has been in our entire lives.

We match.
Knowing the things we wish we could articulate
Without needing to say anything,
And being so strong in friendship
That we don’t need to hope we stay friends
Because we simply will.
I will stay with you through the ups and downs
Because no one matches me like you do
And nobody else can match like

We match.

No comments:

Post a Comment